Naperville Taxi : Driver Information
Interested in driving for us? This page is for you.
Looking for a stable, steady income. Need cash fast. We can help. But before moving forward, please read through the requirements below. And please note, although I try to be funny in the paragraphs below, it is critical for you to meet these requirements to get a job with us and to keep it once you join us
- Illinois Drivers License and clean driving record. OK, I know clean is somewhat vague. By clean I mean NO DUI in the past 5 years, NO suspension/revocation/reckless driving conviction in the last 5 years. These are non-negotiable requirements set forth by the City of Naperville.
- Now if you paid a visit to the BIG HOUSE in the past, read on. NO Felonies in the previous 7 years. NO Misdemeanors in the previous 2 years. If you do have a recent criminal record, the City of Naperville has total discretion in allowing you to work as a licensed taxi driver.
- Ability to pass a national background check and consent to a fingerprint. Once again, these are common sense requirements set forth by the City of Naperville. And FYI, from what I have heard the background check encompasses the FBI crime database. So if you have an outstanding warrant, do the right thing and don't call us for a job. Instead, turn yourself in to your local police precinct. Save us and yourself a whole lotta embarrassment.
- Residence within 5 miles of Naperville is highly preferred. However, we do consider drivers who at least live within Dupage county. If you live further away, simply put this job will be hard on you, harder on our vehicles and even harder on the environment.
- You'll need a recent (less than a month old) motor vehicle report (court purposes one), two passport size photos to get started with licensing. You'll also need to sign a consent form for fingerprinting & to an FBI / National criminal background check.
- Prior to joining us, we require an independent contractor lease agreement to be signed. The Lease holds you responsible for weekly dues, maintaining the vehicle( don't worry we pay 'cash money' for all costs, you pay with your time), protecting taxi equipment, any traffic & toll violations & the big daddy of them all: your own taxes. Generally most taxi drivers use Schedule C of the IRS Form 1040 to report their income. But what am I doing talking about tax issues? Please consult a tax attorney or consultant for your Federal & State Tax needs.
Now comes the fun part. Listed below is stuff we expect you to comply with, stuff we think will make you a good taxi driver, stuff that if not followed will ruin your taxi driving career. Harsh words but true.
- 8 x 11 Notebook, pen or pencil, magnifying glass, cell phone with text messaging, flash light, O'Hare & Midway Airport stamps.
- 7 county map book ( American MAP Corp only) or GPS. This is an absolute must. I personally prefer a GPS. I don't know why but I just do. Please make sure you know how to operate a GPS unit. Although we are all technically inclined, time constraints and numerous girlfriend/boyfriend obligations prevent us from offering operating instructions on GPS units. AFAIK, most of them come with a manual written in English and of course, Google can be your friend anytime.
- You'll need to dress appropriately. Neither us nor our customers are interested in seeing any sort of fungally infected toes, body hair (besides facial and your scalp [in case you have any]). You get my point. And yes, please use a deodorant. I recommend OLD SPICE.
- SMOKING is not allowed in any of our taxis. If you do have to smoke, please step outside the taxi, light a cigarette, destroy your lungs and chew a peppermint gum or something similar and then get back in the car.
- If u must EAT, please do so outside the taxi. We are not pro-anorexia! NO one likes the smell of stale burgers, old burritos and decaying leftover deli sandwiches. In fact, here's some unofficial advice: Eat light or eat before/after the shift. Trust me, in my 10+ years of taxi driving & dispatching, I've had several dispatchers get MAD at me, for valid reasons I must add. Reason # 1: I'm sorry I can't take that ride because I have to go to the washroom.
- Driver must be able to speak and understand English. NO, we are not racist, anti-immigrant, whatever. In fact, we believe most people in America trace their roots to an immigrant. And we have a large number of happy customers who happen to be immigrants. We just feel the use of English Language makes communication easier!
- Always communicate effectively with the dispatcher. And remember, because the dispatcher is in control, don't argue or aggravate the dispatcher.
Interested? Call us at this number for taxi driver jobs 630-355-5959 or email us at